Pharmaguy interviews David P. Tusa, CEO and President of Sharps Compliance, who describes the Sharps Patient Support System and how his company collects data from sharps containers to determine whether patients are adhering to their medication therapies.
Questions/Topics of Discussion
- Can you tell us what kinds of patients use “sharps” for self-injection?
- What makes this a unique patient group?
- What unique challenges do they face?
- What data can you collect from disposed sharps?
- How can pharmaceutical product managers use this data to improve patient adherence & formulary position?
- What other adherence-related services do you offer through The Sharps Patient Support System?
- How does the program work?
- How do patients enroll in this program?
The Sharps Compliance Patient Support System is the only medical waste disposal program that monitors returned sharps containers and collects valuable data. Patient adherence is a deciding factor for determining and maintaining your product’s formulary position and reimbursement rates.
For more information about the program, click here.
- Sharps Compliance Expands Its Service Offerings to Include Route-Based Pickup - July 21, 2015
- Negotiating A Better Formulary Position And Reimbursement Rate: New Patient Adherence Data - February 10, 2015
- Sharps Patient Support System (Podcast) - December 14, 2014