Each day, Brookdale Senior Living serves over 100,000 seniors in more than 1,000 communities in 46 states. Brookdale is the only provider operating at this scale across all segments of the senior living continuum. Levels of care offered include independent living, assisted living, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing, continuing care retirement communities, and a variety of ancillary services including home health and hospice care.
Continue reading “Brookdale Senior Living & Sharps Compliance: 9 Questions for a Long-Standing Sharps Customer”
Every semester Sharps Compliance offers a scholarship contest for all students currently enrolled in healthcare-related studies at an accredited university. $1500, $1000, and $750 scholarships will be awarded to first, second, and third prize winners, respectively.
Continue reading “Sharps Compliance Announces Fall 2018 Scholarship Topic”
On April 22, people across the globe will celebrate Earth Day and learn about ways to promote environmental sustainability. At Sharps Compliance, however, we treat every day as Earth Day by helping waste generators with safe collection, transport, treatment, and diversion from landfills.
Continue reading “Sharps Compliance – Celebrating Earth Day Every Day”
Affordable, environmentally responsible solutions for unused, unwanted pharmaceuticals
Americans fill over 4 billion prescriptions each year, but up to 40% of those drugs go unused. It’s a definite challenge to safely dispose of 200 million pounds of unused medication each year. Many communities participate in semi-annual drug takeback days where their citizens can take their personal unused medications to a location for drop-off and proper disposal. However, people often need to dispose of medications more frequently. Storing unused medications for many months can increase the risk of those drugs getting into the wrong hands. Sharps Compliance developed the Takeaway Medication Recovery Systems to provide consumers with immediate-use safe, affordable, DEA-compliant pharmaceutical waste disposal solutions for unwanted and unused medications.
Continue reading “Safe Prescription Drug Disposal with Sharps’ TakeAway Medication Recovery Systems”
Healthcare workers are often surprised to learn that 85% of the waste generated at their facility is classified as solid waste and can be disposed of as regular trash. The remaining 15% is classified as either biohazardous, hazardous, or other regulated waste and must be handled, contained, and disposed of per state and federal regulations.
Continue reading “What Happens to Regulated Medical Waste After It Leaves Your Facility?”